Our Product

We use a Pyrethroid which is colourless, odourless and environmentally friendly. It is mixed with fresh clean water and applied in a fine misty spray, from a hand pumped back pack. It is biodegradable and non-accumulative and safe to be used around your family and pets.

Environmentally Friendly Treatment

To truly understand the nature of our treatment, we go back to where it all began, Pyrethrins. These are natural insecticides that are produced from the Chrysanthemum plant family, that are either dried or crushed with the oils making solvents. They have an active ingredient of approx. 30%. These solvents are Pyrethrins which in a domestic or commercial situation, only 0.3% of the overall treatment is used. This compound is used to control flies, spiders, mosquitoes, cockroaches, beetles, human lice and stored product pests within Australia.

The semisynthetic derivatives of Chrysanthemum plant acids have been developed and are call “Pyrethroids”. These tend to be more effective than natural Pyrethrins and are less toxic to mammals. Two commonly used synthetic pyrethroids are Deltamethrin and Bifenthrin. One of the uses for Deltamethrin is for quarantine in the export of wild flowers from Western Australia and Bifenthrin is registered for use on apples, bananas, carnations, cotton, pears and roses.

How does it work?

Any fly, mosquito or spider that touches a treated area, gets a dose and will die. The size of the insect governs how quickly it dies – mozzies die quickly, blowies can take 5-10 minutes and large spiders may take 24-48 hours, they don’t become aggressive, as with some other products. The treatment is NOT a repellent, and therefore you are actually having effect on the insect cycle in and around your home.

How safe is it?

Like  all chemical compounds, it is a question of dose. Many compounds which we are exposed to every day are potentially toxic (e.g. Coffee and Salt) but the doses we are exposed to are low enough for them not to be. Our product is less toxic than salt and caffeine and at our ratio the potential for exposure is extremely low.

Is it safe for my pets?

Apart from fish, Pyrethroid is safe for pets, but we recommend they be out of the house until the treatment is finished and dry, which will vary depending on the weather. Everybody should be out of the house while it is being treated, and until it is dry.

Toxicity Chart

Below is a chart comparing the toxicity of commonly used products to our environmentally friendly treatment.


  • One method for recording the relative toxicity of a pesticide is by evaluating it’s LD50.
  • It is measured by milligrams of chemical to kilograms of body weight. An average household (5 litres) will contain no more than 2 grams which, being biodegradable, will break down over a period of time.
  • In general, the smaller the LD50 value, the more toxic the chemical. The opposite is also true; the larger the LD50 value, the lower its toxicity.
  • We are proud that our product is one of the safest around!

Share us to your friends & family – Click an option below: